Tuesday 10 February 2009

Pocket Silhoutte...again!

I have a new member to my Stampin'Up! team... yaay!! Helen has signed up to be a Demonstrator and I'm so excited and pleased for her. She is such a lovely, bubbily and enthusiastic crafter and I know she will do well in her new venture - Congratulations Helen! She already holds craft classes on a weekly basis in the North of Dorset so if anyone lives that way and would like more details please get in touch with me and I will let you have her email. She's in the process of setting up a blog but as I haven't actually asked if I can publicly give out her details, via me is the best bet until I have approval. So my card today is very similar to the one I sent to Helen. I adore the colours on this which are Bashful Blue and Lavender Lace - very spring like with a piece of silver hodgepodge to accentuate the greeting....so delicate. The rectangular mount in lavender lace was made with the scallop border punch and this tutorial I did last year. It's still my most favourite punch - really hope scallops stay in fashion for a looong time. My intention today was to post the tutorial for the Milk Carton Container but it's been one of those days which has just flown by. This morning the washing machine packed up - luckily hubs fixed it, phew! Apparently I'm supposed to clean out the filter every now and then.... not every five years, Oopps! There was water everywhere and anyone who know me will confirm that me and water don't go together very well... apart from when I shower that is. LOL!! At least the machine is running nicely now, although the towels that'd been stuck in there for the last 24 hours looked a bit washed out! ha! Thankfully the sun shone today, such a contrast to the continual rain from yesterday. I wanted to take some photo's of the projects I've made but with the sun being very low in the sky it was a nightmare to get some good shots. I did manage to get a few photo's but before I knew it, it was too dark to do the one's for the tutorial. I'd made a start but with shadows, a yellow hue and a high ISO they looked rubbish so I gave up. I'll start again in the morning - promise! I did take a few pics of another Milk Carton Container that I've made so I will leave you with a little sneak. tfl, Jo :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new recruit Jo - I hope Helen enjoys being a Stampin' Up! demo as much as we do. I am sure with you as her upline she will never lack guidance and inspiration - well done. x

Stephanie said...

Beautiful card Jo!! The colours are just stunning - your creations are all amazing!! xxx

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Oh Jo this is beautiful. I just love these colors and the ribbon. Very pretty. Congratulations on getting a new recruit and I am excited to know her blog when she gives you permission to give it out.

Kate Lewis said...

Stunning card Jo, love the colours - so pretty! A HUGE congrats on your downline too - yay!! Kate xx

Saxo Stamper said...

Jobe, this is beautiful as usual - really, really pretty and well done on the milk carton tutorial - a lot of work x