Saturday 7 February 2009

Polka Dot Punches

I got sidetracked yesterday as I was going to create something for Kristina's Colour Challenge, but once I get an idea in my head I have to go with it. So I've got these little pots that I bought from Jo which are perfect for altering and filling with sweets, and on my travels through blogland I spotted some milk carton containers which I thought would be just the job to carry the pots in. I've been searching for instructions on how to make them for awhile now and eventually I found a post on Lauren Meader's blog (fab lady by the way -very, very talented). So, I made one. It was actually miles too big for my little pots so I shrunk it to fit, and this is what I came up with....
I didn't have anything to put in the pots apart from one small packet of yoghurt raisins I pinched from Jake, and they only filled one pot! ....don't worry, I will let him eat them later. The choccie raisins look quite good actually..think I'll get some when I'm out tomorrow. Anyway, I was wanting to show you how fabulous the heart from the Sale-a-bration set called Polka Dot Punches looked when I white embossed it onto black cardstock - isn't it striking? And to match my little treat container I made a card. I love Polka Dots, so to tie in with the theme I did a bit more white embossing using the large background Polka Dot stamp from the main catalogue. Hope you like. tfl, Jo :) Supplies: Stamps - Polka Dot Punches (SAB) 113788, Polka Dot 109276, Yummy (SAB) 113782 & Circle of Friendship 107137 Colours - Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black Other Materials - SU! White Embossing Powder, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon

6 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Oh Jobe, you are so so clever, love everything about your project, the colours, the design - just perfect x

Rosietoes said...

Delicious, delicious, delicious! Love this use of the stamps. Can you tell me if the heart has been punched out as it looks so cleanly cut?
Thank you for the inspiration.

Stephanie said...

OMG Jo - this is just so stunning - really fabulous projects - way to go!

Also, I LOVE Lauren Meader too x

Unknown said...

They are truly wonderful creations Jo - don't those stamps look stunning in black and white. x

Denise said...

Wow, this is one Beautiful project!

Dawn said...

Just lush, love it.