Monday 19 April 2010

I'm still here

It's been awhile hasn't it? I'm soo sorry to all you wonderful followers out there, hectic is a bit of an understatement but I'm alive and well and now Jake is back to school I hope to get back into a routine. In future I'll have to call a halt to blogging when there's school holidays, nothing gets done fast and unfortunately blogging came bottom of the to-do-list this past two weeks. It's not that I didn't want to blog, it was finding the time being the problem. Anyway, lots has been happening in my absence and the main thing for me was my Mini Catalogue Open House last Friday. Thank you to everyone who came along! I always enjoy these events and plan to have another in October for the launch of the New Idea Book and Catalogue so if you were anable to attend last weeks, you're more than welcome to come to the next. It should be very exciting too especially with the announcement that's been made about the new Colour Renovation! I'm really pleased about the changes and looking forward to more lovely colours to play with, but I won't go into that now, I'm sure you've heard all about it through other blogs and it's old news now so I'll save my excitement for nearer the time with lots of lovely samples. So, fancy something to look at? It's a scrapbook page for a change, one that I'd made for my Open House. I am really a scrapbooker but since SU! I've gone back to card making. This page came together so easy and I'm really pleased with the results. It was nice to do something different - I need to get back into my scrapbooking really, I've missed it. I've used my 'sacred' black spotty acetate from the 'Night and Day' papers, 'Vintage Vogue' stamp set with the 'Platinum Shimmer paint', 'Framed with love' for the journalling blocks, the gorgeous 'Real Red satin ribbon' and the 'Tiny Tags' set and matching 'Medium Jewelery Tag' punch. All from the New Mini Catalogue. Not bad going huh? I've also used the scallop border punch, Schoolbook Serif Alphabet for the title and the hat pin and beads from my most precious Pretties Kit. The mug shot is of myself and my hubs on our wedding day...aaaah bless...lol I can't get enough of the fantastic Platinum Shimmer paint lately. I'm daubing everything with it as you can see from these Vintage Vogue flowers.... More daubed flowers.... ...and the lush satin ribbon and hat pin. I demonstrated a few techniques with the shimmer paints at my Open House, they're so lovely and a must have now in my craft box. Especially as you can make shimmer mist with the Champagne Mist Paint. It's the sparkliest shimmer I've ever seen! Just like fairy dust.... Right I'm going to have to stop there as I've a newsletter to write and 'hopefully' I will see you tomorrow. Tfl and thanks for bearing with me.

13 comments:

Jane said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Jo!
Glad to see you're back blogging again, it's lovely to have the children off school - but it does get in the way with crafting...LOL!
x

Jacqueline said...

Wow - what a come back. Stunning work absolutely gorgeous. - Jacqueline xx

Jill said...

Really lovely scrapbook page Jo, just love the colour with the black and white photo and the dotty 'acetate' thing is perfect. Jill x

Linz said...

wow - this is absolutely gorgeous, beautiful work jo

Dawn said...

Ooh just gorgeous Jo, really love to see good scrapbooking pages made with SU products.

You make a beautiful bride.

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Jobe

You certainly were a beautiful bride Jobe - sigh, where has the time gone... I saw this at the open house which was amazing by the way - truly brilliant. Believe me bloggers this page is incredible in real life, as were Jo's samples she had created - just beautiful.

Thanks for a lovely day Jobe

k x

Val said...

stunning Jo! gorgeous choice of colours . xx

Cath said...

Nice to see you back, Jo and glad you're getting a bit of blogging time. The SB page is truly gorgeousss - well worth your sacred dots. All your samples were amazing and I never get tired of looking at them.x

Alex said...

What a lovely scrapbook page! Love it, and all the details from the Mini Catalogue especially :)

Thanks for sharing,

Hope you're well.

Alex x

Helen Baker said...

We had a great time too, so glad I could come this time. Love the page, it is just so beautiful - you need to do more scrapping Jo xx

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning LO Jo - so glad you've managed to do some scrapbooking again. You've done a fantastic job of showcasing all those beautiful SU products. Well done on all your hard work.

Judith said...

Love this page its gorgeous x

Lesley Edmonds said...

A very beautiful page Jo. Glad to see you back.
Lesley x